gerry harvey says it all- resources super joke

1. 1,392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    honestly, we had the global financial crisis- we had the global financial crises round 2 and thanks to our stronger for longer resources sector we were justly able to whether the storm which many other nations couldnt thanks to our resources sector-

the resources sector has enabled how many jobs to be created thanks to the great profit margins mining companies are able to make spurring on australian growth and prosperity. if it wernt for the mining magnates of this great nation, we would have certainly been fighting through a recession which would have effected almost all australians in some way or other and the only way that the current labour government is able to say thanks is by saying, well take an extra 30% thanks- now thats bollocks-

mr rudd and the labour government in the much publicised kevin07 campaign was to represent and help the aussie battler. they were spposed to be a voice for everyday mum and dad aussies battling on in the great country trying to make ends meet. the more and more i try and weight up this resources super tax i cannot for the life of me see how the current labour government cannot possibly forsee that this supposed super tax will not have a disastrous roll on effect on the longevity of Australia being a force to reckon with. I think Gerry Harvey said it best when he said that the Government's selling of the tax has fallen short. "The way they presented it, their timing, you just think these blokes are bloody amateurs," he said.
    "You would expect them to put a bit more thought into it because it's just blown up in their face." sourced from http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/10/2923972.htm?section=justin

does mr rudd seriously think that magnates such as xstrata and the likes of BHP & RIO would prefer to continue operations in Australia than elsewhere for example africa when their bottom lines would be 30% more- who is he kidding seriosuly. This supposed super tax is nothing but a poorly and misconceived idealism that makes no political or soverign sense- thumbs up readers to show how disgusted we are at our elected government's lack of understanding on the real dangers which such a tax will have on the prosperity of this great nation.

its mining houses like the fortescues, the BHP and the RIO'S that have made australia the ideal investment for deep pocketed nations like china to invest in and now mr rudd wants to throw away all the great work which has helped lure lucrative investment $$$ into our great land- seriosuly mr rudd reconsider how this tax is bollocks to say the least

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.