I've seen Gerry's interviews about this. He's completely correct...

1. 167 Posts.
    I've seen Gerry's interviews about this. He's completely correct when he says that the retail industry is doomed if nothing is done. I don't think there's anyway it will survive no matter what's done.

I haven't bought from a retail store since I can remember. I would say the majority of items I've bought are at a minimum 50% less. A recent purchase of golf clubs as an example retailing at $999 at the 2 largest golf suppliers (that I will not name) in Australia. I got these on ebay for $360. I could go on and on.

My last purchase at an Australian store broke the camels back for me. I was talked into it by my gf at the time. An interactive game because we had dinner guests that night. $85. Checked online the next day and sure enough it was $40 free postage.

So.. even with a 50% tax it wouldn't change much. And in the case of the golf clubs it would STILL be nearly half of what it would have cost me here.

There's no stopping this train I'm afraid. Why would anyone pay the exorbitant overheads of a small business to have a shopfront, like I have done, when you can throw it all into a warehouse and sell it online. Easy. Something like 18 Australian self made millionaires last year selling on ebay?

I say go you good things. I

f you've started a retail management degree lately, I'd be changing degrees.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.