GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"...However the cost of transport,security etc is why the mkt...

1. 6,351 Posts.
    "...However the cost of transport,security etc is why the mkt uses 'other methods'"

I think you can buy bullion from the mint, leave it there and they give you a piece of paper for it.

I thought I heard something about some countries retrieving their gold from the USA at the moment. Sometimes you can't trust what's written down on a piece of paper or what you hear via the CNNNNNNN Finance Channel or everything you hear on HC... er, apparently.)

If Wall Street marketeers can sell toxic debt around the world dressed up as AAA-rated securities, why should others around the world believe their gold (or whatever) is safe in Lala Land because they have a receipt for it. I think many have lost faith in market "methods".

Then again, when fear takes hold you might pay a premium to hold something in your hand...

IMO, something that has real value ultimately is something that is useful..,. food, energy, etc... Good to have a bit of that stored... (maybe not so many bananas...lol)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.