MPL 0.27% $3.70 medibank private limited

get out now, page-22

1. 4,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    I agree with the psychology - many retailers are going to be two people:
    mums and dad suckers - people who buy in to shares irregularly, and see this as the "big thing to get into" becuase it's a household name - th elong term holders

the rest of us looking for a short to medium term buck, long term holders if and or it goes our way long term.

This week is going to be open ripe for institutions to take a buck off the table when it opened at a healthy 10%+ profit. By time monday comes along there will not be much of a premium left, just look at the $2.08 low today... If you ask me retail holders who didn't get in who are plonking in.

THe rest of us on Monday, having seen the unspectacular first week of trading, a high ipo price much to our disappointment, leaving little if any fat in the priced value of shares allotted, will take our "stag profit" on monday - i.e. nothing much left. THe psychology of the stag profit decreasing may even eventuate in people just wanting to get out becuase the big 10-20% gains did not eventuate.

It will be ag ood time when this drops to accumulate if you're one of those in it for the long run.

For the rest of us just chasing the money where it goes , I'd bet my money that monday will be a big exodus for first come first serve. Sure, it may go up and surprise us, but heck like anything that isn't 100% certain (or else I'd borrow to the hilt and invest in it myself) the risk is certianly more towards the downside to holding in the short term.

I'll be happy if this is still above 2.20 next monday.... we're probably going to hit close to $2 tomorrow or friday at this rate more likely than not.Snowball effect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.