Get over it already

1. 4,683 Posts.
    I'll start off positive. The guy who tried to disarm the terrorist needs a medal. Nothing less will suffice.

Now reality. Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, but can we quit all the media rubbish, the whoa are us, the soul searching trash and get on with life?

On one hand all the officialdom is saying "we are united", "you won't break our resolve", but then spend all day dropping flowers, church services and media interviews stating how sad it all is. How the loss of TWO innocent lives.

Iran lost MILLIONS of young men in a 12 year war! Look at all the carnage and loss of life in the Middle east region! If I was a terrorist I'd be laughing at what level of reaction I could get out of Australia for such a small incident.

We need to learn to stop nancying around, and liquidate anyone who does this immediately. Why did the cops wait? Hoping for a good ending? It was never going to happen and they should have taken out the guy through the window with a .50cal Barrett. Hosed out the cafe and got on with life.

Australia is so good at celebrating misery. How soon before a monument is erected? A special memorial day is declared?

On one hand we say actions like these won't affect us and on the other we show all the signs that they have.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.