get ready for 6 degress of global warming, page-9

1. 3,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    All I can say is when the masses turn against science 'God Help Us' I am beginning to realise that AGW is losing the popularity contest. The amount of pseudo science being presented and accepted on Hot Copper is not a good sign.
    It is clear to me that the Denialists far outweigh those that beleive in AGW - and by believe I don't advance un-questioning belief but I do say to those who want absolute proof - you will never get that - even if the worst outcomes unfold - there will be those who will still rationalise it in some perverse way ... No no this is not AGW it is .....fill in whatever - some Scientology like explanation will do

Those with very little understanding of the science ridicule those that have a far deeper understanding

If anything, scientists as a group are conservative.

It is unfortunate that Gore got so involved in the AGW
    He is not a scientist (but certainly a lot more switched on that Bush, Fielding and most of the heroes of the sceptics)
    The problem with Gore is being a Democrat being aligned with Clinton - close to 40% - 50% of the US will automatically switch off what he supports - Add to that the political power of the Right wing radio jocks in the US (think Alan Jones squared)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.