GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold Bars, in terms of woes, Australia has nothing to worry...

1. 3,827 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1795
    Gold Bars, in terms of woes, Australia has nothing to worry about compared to what happened in the UK. Trust me, I'm an economic refugee from London and it was carnage there. The Jobcentres (UK version of centrelink) had to open new offices to cope with the surge in people signing on for benefits. Shops were continuously on sale from November to February. The government was throwing money at the banks and there seemed to be little accountability.

Australia has gone backwards a bit, but our figures, in terms of unemployment aren't too bad. We haven't had to lower the interest rate to zero, and its unlikely to drop further from here.

Australia's economic stimulus plans have mainly concentrated on fast tracking public infrastructure, which is an investment in the future, rather than throwing money at the banks. At least money invested in infrastructure can be measured and quantified against physical items.

If we see a rush into commodities as a safe haven then we only can benefit from this.

What I can't understand is the Federal Government hasn't reduced their core spending levels to where they were before the windfalls from the mining boom came through. That would make sense to me in some way, but then again, I guess it keeps people employed! (Inflationary move)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.