Get ready for a life without OIL, page-2

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    bluesamurai

I have long believed that battery powered vehicles are not the way of the future they are just the next way for the US car industry that is struggling to survive. Battery power is no cleaner than good fuel efficient cars in my opinion. Producing batteries still involves the mining industry and a dirty business to produce batteries. Then you have the problem of the power used to recharge the batteries comes mostly from dirty coal burning power stations. It is not really a greener option in my opinion.
    This is just another step the car industry can use to make money before eventually going over to produce something like hydrogen powered vehicles.
    I notice Obama is now telling the world it has to take action about Global Warming and pollution, all this just as the US car industry ramps up battery powered cars, what a coincidence huh!

The music industry could have probably gone straight to CD's rather than via the different tapes ie DAT tapes etc but by delaying the technology they made much more money and extended their business another couple of decades.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.