getting a 6 pack and losing weight , page-19

1. 23,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    "For the record, I try and keep my meals to 3 a day and hardly ever snack as I want to reduce the calories. Nuts and avacado isnt good?? Havent heard that one before. Nuts = protein and avacado clean out the bad fats in your body by replacing them with good fats (got told that one by a doctor of all people)."

Nuts = fats
    Avocado = fats

you want to strip awat fat you don't put fat back in. They are vegetable based fats so will not increase your colesterol but will make you fat ergo no six pack for you :)

What about healthy Greeks...what do they eat (they are in around the top 10% in regards to life expectancy)
    They eat lots of vegetables, olives, fish, pasta, fruit, bread and dried foods. They cook of course, with olive oil.
    How many Greeks you ever seen with a six pack? :)

you want/need protein to feed the muscles particularly when resistence training. Buy egg whites (great for omlettes) and eat fish and low fat meat..

There are hundreds of 'diets' out there however some simple rules will allow the exercise to get best results.
    No sugars (bit hard if you are a drinker?...my problem...I like my wine). No carbs after 6pm. potatoes,rice, pasta and alcohol are shockingly full of carbs and the poor liver has to process that stuff before it gets into the actual food you have eaten. So if it must be consumed the earlier the better so your body can process whilst still active during the day.

The 3 square meals a day is a myth.

We are meant to be grazers.

To lose weight and strip fat off you should have 5 to 6 small meals per day. If exercising it keeps the metabolism processing. Even if not excercing small meals more often is able to be process more readily.

So how did I get to be such an 'expert' on all of this?

I can't take the credit...Mrs Debono is a Personal Trainer and National Champion figure fitness (recently also a 3rd in the worlds). She also has trained a client into multiple world figure fitness championship gold medals.

Knowing it all is the easy part. The hard part is the application and I have seen first hand the dedication required.
    I train one and a half hours a day 5 days a week and are no where near a six pack., Got close once but giving up my wine for 2 weeks nearly killed me :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.