AAM 0.00% 5.9¢ aumega metals ltd

getting closer to expected sp, page-82

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Troyus,

The pour announcement could come tomorrow or it could come early next week. It's quite possible, the company is leaving the pour as late as possible so the size is as large as possible. Makes sense to me. If the loaded carbon has accumulated slowly from the plant being operated in fits and starts then a late pour will make the best of what little may have accumulated.

That's the pessimistic projection. It is possible but plant should now be operating continuously for several hours at a time.

The plant commissioning process should produce incremental improvements towards design functionality. As the kinks get ironed out the plant ought to be working better and better, producing loaded carbon at a faster and faster rate for offsite treatment.

This is the logical projection and the one I used to determine my guestimate of 24kg gold production.

The plant commissioning process has reached the point where it is operating at better than half capacity. High grade ore is being selectively treated and the gold room is functioning.

This is the optimistic projection. It's where the plant should be in several weeks time.

We don't know where the plant is at because the company hasn't told us. This is the area where you have every right to be unhappy troyus. We are not getting to share what is really an exciting journey. The bush telegraph is not the way for shareholders to access information. You mention ASIC. I expect the company insists contractors and employees maintain confidentiality. My understanding is this action would be protective against allegations of insider trading via bush telegraph type mechanisms. I guess our company could spent $50,000 or more of our money finding out. It isn't my field of expertise.

Lastly troyus, (What a great nic. Troy us with some troy ounce gold bars!) I see no "obvious serious problems with the company's plant." Our company is cobbling together a $30M gold plant for what, $16M in cash and shares. Someone might like to add it all up. We are talking about getting a half price gold plant and the downside is it's taking 3 or 4 months longer than expected. Who's whining? Someone call the wambulance!

Serious problems would be metallurgical issues and there are very few if any of those. At capacity the plant should extract over 95% of the gold going into it. From memory the published figure is 98 or 99%. AAM is actually quite good at delivering this kind of data. For whatever reason the gold room didn't get assembled on time. This is a pain but it isn't all that serious.

Our company's cap raising performances has been abysmal. No excuses really but on balance we are still in front. Money saved in plant construction probably covers money lost by "a few silly but largely inconsequential management decisions" ( A quote from my upcoming "Bobs Gold" newsletter which I should be sending out right now instead of doing this post)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.