Hi Von Trapp, one thing that I have learnt is that education has...

1. 139 Posts.
    Hi Von Trapp, one thing that I have learnt is that education has to be paid for one way or another, eg by losses or less in losses and more of the money on education, which has the potiential to speed up the break even point start to slowly build the trading account up.

This I know now but it took me 2 years to find the mentor to start with and that was only because my trading work mate's account manager recomended he went to the traders expo in Sydney and watched this mentor give a half hour presentation a few years ago. It was the biggest relief when I knew for sure after the first private seminar that although the light was a long way off I was in the right tunnel.
    Trying to work out who/where to spend the money on education is a fair challenge in it self.

for example because I live in Nth Qld the opportinity to attend to all sorts of seminars/ introductry courses is not a option, but the good side of that is don't get to attend the - this is how easy it is holy grail courses either.

Recently I attended whats called a private seminar taught by the mentor that I use and 6 was the maximun he would have in a class. There were 2 full time traders from Sydney attending for education also who had some stories to tell about introductry nights they had atended recently just for someting to do, be carefull.

One thing that made a big difference to my trading was when I worked out that it is all about trading well then the money will follow not trying/wishing/hope to make x amount in what ever period. This for me was my holy grail, followed by education.

I wish that more of my money had gone on education and less on losses, probably would have cost less and would be at least 2 years in front. Took me a while to feel comfortable in my knowledge to attend first private seminar cause didn't want to slow the advanced students but as it turned out all 6 of us had our stronger and weaker ares which evened out.

The good thing about this is the knowledge, disipline and ability to make money you eventually get is yours, not your bosses not your jobs it's for you and your future, your freedom.

When you work out who's platform you are going to use, eg GFT, Mf global etc if you can get a account manager that you talk to easily they should be able to advise on some recomended training/education.

Also Kathy Lien - Day and swing trading the currency market is worth a read and Mark Douglas trading in the zone, is recomended by numerous mentors. ebay probably cheapest

Have fun and stick at it

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.