FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

Hi Jordy Gutsy and enlightening post. A few mates know OOO’s...

1. 2,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Hi Jordy

Gutsy and enlightening post.

A few mates know OOO’s identity; most on the forum won’t. I don’t mind profiling myself - in fact it might help fellow posters to give appropriate weighting to my comments.

61, retired journalist/marketer; married for 37 years to a fantastic lady, two terrific kids and one adorable granddaughter. One of those blokes who are adequate at most things but not terribly good at any of them. Still enjoy running but can’t do a lot now because of tendinitis in my knees. Love golf but am seriously bad at it, which is an endless source of frustration. Passionate music buff with a massive collection, but can’t play a note. Are you getting a picture?

Beer aficionado with a preference for higher alcohol, heavier malted or massively hopped brews. Red wine fan - big Shirazes or Cab Savs preferred. Love a good single malt ... neat.

Was tipped FAR just before the FAN discovery. Bought at 7.2, sold half at 14.0, made a massive $900 profit. Ha ha. Started buying again at 11.0 after SNE thinking there was massive upside ahead. You know the rest. Oil tanked, FAR needed capital, SP headed south, etc. Now averaged at 9.0 with big (for me) holdings privately and in my super. Every one-cent increase is adding significant profit.

If I’m being honest with myself, I am way over-invested in a highly speculative stock. Should never have done it. To her eternal credit, Mrs OOO has only ever berated me once and I had no comeback. She has been incredibly patient for three years and today as FAR finally hits its stride she is calm and reserved while her husband is frothing at the mouth in anticipation of ‘the big one’.

On a scale of 10, my confidence has never been below six even when well underwater. Oil was always going to rebound and we had lots of it. The Farjoy emails were profoundly influential in my decision to double down on my investment. I also pay tribute to Aqua, with whom I remain in close contact. He was pilloried by some here but is slowly but steadily being proven to be mostly right. I have no doubt FAR has pioneered a massive new oil basin - ‘only just scratched the surface’ - and has done a superb job of managing the all-important Government relations. Do not for a moment underestimate the importance of this. I still blink in amazement that we snatched the prime A2 and A5 blocks from under the noses of every Big Oiler on the planet. Easy to say prior to the rotary lie detector firing up, but I am convinced Samo will be a very, very large ‘discovery’ (aka appraisal of SNE South) that will send our SP soaring. We shall see.

I put my daughter and several mates into FAR. Other mates have lifted the bat. Fair enough, too - we’ve all been tipped number four in the 7th at Randwick after all. In all probability I will sell a couple of hundred thousand shares in the mid-20s, but a million-plus are slated for the long term. I’d love to be a beneficiary of FAR dividends and I now believe they will get there.

The Hot Copper crew has changed a bit over the years. We lost a few good’uns overboard, unfortunately, but a solid core of rusted-on veterans make for informative and entertaining reading. I check the Board first thing of a morning, a couple of times through the day, and last thing at night. I’m trying to say less - not easy for an old journo - because I find I’m repeating myself. You all know my thoughts now.

I must single out one poster and hope I don’t offend others by doing so. Doc, you have a finely honed sense of humour and equally finely honed sense of perspective on our investment. Your Rasta schtick is amazing - it would take me a month to craft one paragraph of Jackson’s accent; you do it on the bit.

Finally - and crikey this turned into a long and probably boring ramble - I repeat one piece of gratuitous advice: Follow the money.

OOO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 53.5¢ 52.0¢ $17.03K 32.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10069 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 22471 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.03pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.