FAR 0.00% 46.5¢ far limited

Getting to know one, page-52

1. 5,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1118
    Firstly, let me state that I believe current or past occupation is mostly irrelevant in the Stock Investment Arena. Seems to be plenty of folks putting in hard yards and research into their investments and many years of experience.

I’ve mentioned snippets from my personal life in the past but the below is a summary:

51 years old, currently married (first time). Seems to be sticking and not planning any others - lol

2 girls 8 & 6.

Always been an investor in high risk stocks (predominately mining related). Picked good ones and bad like most and have learnt a few lessons. Most successful people fail at first and learn from their mistakes. FAR is probably my last stock of this nature as I need to think of the family . Got into it 12-13 years ago when it was really speculative. Its status in my books have changed when they discovered oil and is no longer a “purely” speculative play where it can completely go bust.

Although from SA, have travelled a bit due to work (initially as an Analyst/Programmer on IBM AS/400 iSeries) and have spent 5 years in the USA as well as 8 years in NSW as a contractor. Have settled down to a permanent job as a Business Analyst which is keeping me too busy to keep up with my HC hobby (so not posting as frequently as in the dark years when the Oil price was depressed).

Have a love of German cars and have owned a Porsche 944 Turbo S (should never have sold it) and from the BMW stable a 730i, 320i, 530i and X6. As a personal observation – BMW tragic owners suffer heavy depreciation in the early years or high maintenance costs later but they are also 7 years ahead of the competition and there is a price to pay for being an innovator. For those considering buying a second hand vehicle, their 6 cylinder models are the most reliable. Avoid the latest batch of the V8’s and the 4 bangers in the E90 model 3 series as they leak oil (shame on you BMW for not doing the customer care package in Australia like you do for your USA customers who pay less for their cars than we do).

Might drift back into the Porsche stable once Samo and/or PE comes through…. Although it might end up being my wife’s (she probably deserves the upgrade putting up with a few dark years with my investment in FAR). Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Haven’t caught up with many folk. Chatted with Davey Boy a few times and once caught up with 34232 when travelling overseas for work to NZ (I think he was curious – hope I didn’t disappoint him too much). 34 – you still have your head in the clouds?

Cheers everyone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 46.5¢ 46.5¢ $302 650

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 26924 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 12602 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.10am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.