FAR 0.00% 48.5¢ far limited

Getting to know one, page-92

1. 572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    40DADDB4-CA8E-4FDC-8544-5CFD52306D3E.png
    Zacma, thanks for the kind words, and DB and gridder as well.  Did I find what I as looking for?

Yes, I guess I did.  Plenty of excitement in the beginning of my career, especially in Algeria, but also the chance to live through a very dramatic period in the history of France.  It also gave me the chance of picking up a few languages, which has been of great benefit later in life.  ( Mind you, there are easier ways to learn languages.)

Currently, I’m just happy to live out my years on a small farm on the banks of a wide river, where only the birds make a bit of noise, unless my dog decides to have an argument with some wildlife entering her territory, that is.  With no financial worries, no job waiting for me in the morning, a loving wife looking after me and the kids all off doing their own things.  In other words, bliss!  And so far, the body is keeping up reasonably well, in spite of all the punishments I have given it over the years.  I still enjoy my beer and a wee dram as well, no problem there gridder!  Yes, Zac, I reckon I’ve found what I was looking for.

Just for the heck of it I attach a pic of me and my mates waiting to board a plane for a practice jump in Algeria in about 1960.  I’m number three standing from left.  The airplane in the background is a Nord Atlas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.