COH 0.91% $291.37 cochlear limited

getting very close to the bottom, page-27

1. 16 Posts.
    alacrity.

just some background on my activities. i actually bought in originally at the announcement of the recall when the price dropped 10% and then again at the announcement of advanced bionic's re-entry into the market when it dropped at a further 15%. this was based purely on gut.

so my point was this: if the entire market decides on some data that the price is to fall and act accordingly, then you must, in the short term, pay attention to that.

with respect to the recent announcement, if you bought in AT the announcement, you would have paid a price of around $50+. but if you had believed in the company before the announcement, and paid attention to what the analysts were saying in the weeks before, you might have bought in at around $46 or so.

in summary, my opinion is that for the medium to longer term, your gut is an excellent voice, but in the short term, especially with the volatility we have been having recently, the analysts are your friend. i.e. to say that the brokers should be completely disregarded is a rather foolish thing to be saying as often the valuation is self-fulfilling.

cudos goes to lgmqy2000 whose technical analysis has actually been quite close to the mark in this case.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$291.37
Change
2.620(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $19.08B
Open High Low Value Volume
$286.00 $292.35 $286.00 $63.68M 219.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2347 $291.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$291.94 533 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.