CIY 0.00% 3.6¢ city pacific limited

There's simply no good news or momentum at the moment.OCV is...

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    There's simply no good news or momentum at the moment.

OCV is facing a winding up order, and a high profile property deal in Sydney (nothing to do with CIY) has finally been done for 25% less than was thought it could achieve last year.

Property is being re-evaluated up and down the country - and it is very much a buyer's market.

CIY told us earlier this year hundreds of millions was coming back in the door, and yet the fund only had 60 M of its debt cleared. We can only hope that we're seeing slight delays to the original timetable, and not a collapse in prices below the LVR.

The market is currently pricing CIY at a market cap of around 90 M. That seems to suggest a very hefty re-rating of CIY's assets and a massively discounted income. CIY's assets aren't dogs and would sell - it's a case of for what price?

In terms of the FMF - money is loaned and turned over fairly quickly, so in my mind, newly loaned money is done so based on new market conditions - which should help reduce risk of loss. I know for a fact that developers are still looking to commence projects and are asking to borrow money.

I personally believe CIY will pull through. It's going to be a dog of a stock for possibly years though.

A 90 M market cap just floors me though...I'm happy for others to try and explain that price to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.