PV1 0.00% 2.0¢ provaris energy ltd

GEV - On the Move, page-2

1. 3,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Thanks TB for a timely reminder of the energy and negotiation skills available in this Company.

As you say, there are a number of countries we know where GEV plans to finalise deals, and recalling for one the HoA made with India Oil Corporation in Sept'18, I recently read a Morningstar article India: a growth story to seize on, written 9Nov2018 which further reinforced for me just how vitally important gas imports to that country are going to be.

An excerpt from the article by Lex Hall;

"Energy
    A key challenge for India is that it is unable to produce enough energy for its swelling population. According to Indian government figures, the country’s share of the world population is 18 per cent but its share of world gas and oil reserves are only 0.6 per cent and 0.4 per cent respectively. And it's estimated India’s energy consumption will grow at about 4.5 per cent annually to 2035 (up from 3.5 per cent from 2000–2017), driven by economic growth, urbanisation, rising incomes and industrial activity. "In terms of commodities, India will be heavily dependent on imports of oil and gas," Varghese says. "It will also provide a market for services and technologies that improve energy efficiency and the uptake of renewables."

Elsewhere I have read that, India’s middle class is tipped to eclipse that of America by 2022, and bearing in mind that with their PM Modi's ruling party convincingly returned this year in their general elections, the momentum of another 'china like' economic powerhouse emerging seems set to continue under his guidance.

The promise of our newly built CNG Optimum tankers plying their trade across waters between M.E. suppliers and the Indian west coast ports will hopefully become reality sooner than later.

Just one reason I am in, and I'm long.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.