GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I've noticed how this emotional ploy is being used.In the 2008...

1. 24,765 Posts.
    I've noticed how this emotional ploy is being used.

In the 2008 Great Financial Crash there was this irrational rush to buy US dollars which the US financial media spun as "safe haven" buying. There was equally an irrational sell off of equities and commodities.

This irrational rush to buy US dollars should have been called lemming buying, as rushing to buy the currency of a nation that was facing a collapse of its financial system was anything but "safe haven" buying.

With the ensuing sharp decline of the US dollar that crazy buying of the US dollar, day after day, has proven to be anything but "safe haven" buying.

Because we had the Great Financial Crash last year is no reason to believe that if, and I stress if there is a Version 2 that it will play out in the same way.

But that is the way the human mind plays games, and the way the emotion of fear affects people's judgements - expecting a Version 2 to be a repeat of Version 1.

For example a Version 2 could see the US dollar getting totally smashed day after day combined with gold rising US$100 or more on a number of days.

In a Version 2 there might be a rush to buy anything gold as the "safe haven" buying, including gold equities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.