GGE 0.00% 0.6¢ grand gulf energy limited

gge for dummies, page-7

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    Thanks for the feedback. I tried not to sugar coat anything and just say as I see it. There's both pros and cons with holding GGE in my portfolio, but the risk vs. reward is just too opportune for me to give it away at these prices.

On another note, and to put it bluntly, management have been screwing around for years with finances, assets, debt, loans etc. They have had enough experience now to learn from their mistakes and stick to what they know they have. Hopefully the shortfall in professionalism is behind us. The well articulated company presentation late last year is a sign that they are getting better in my opinion.

And the reality is that GGE has been a penny stock for a long time and sooner or later management have to get a solid business plan, stick by it, and make success happen. In my opinion, 2011 is the year for that. The company has tried and failed in the past with other assets that are now either defunct or sold off, but Napoleonville has significant, company defining potential to hold significant reserves for the stock.

Here's what I mean. I know I use AUT a lot for comparisons but bear with me for discussion's sake.

GGE's 40% Net Stake in the region denotes them target reserves of 200BCF gas and 1.8M barrels of oil.

AUT's Net Stake in the Eagleford denotes them 3P (potential) reserves of 260BCF gas and 69M barrels of oil.

Now sure, AUT have an awful lot more oil to play with, but 1.8M barrels of oil is nothing to laugh at for a company with a market cap of just $5M. Then there is always the gas, and we certainly seem to have alot of that lieing beneath the surface.

Ofcourse, AUT have JV partners, operators, fraccing crews and what have you, but at the end of the day, the stuff in the ground is what counts the most, and GGE seem to have a more than feasible amount down there.

Food for thought if you're hanging around for a while to see how the NV field plays out. We have 60+ drill prospects and so far in the current campaign we have drilled 2 dusters, 1 success and 1 whatever-you-call-it. Those returns of reward will improve dramatically with further research. You never know, if Mark and Charles stick to their guns and really chase after the good stuff in NV, it could end up being a pretty decent proposition for the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $986 164.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2130729 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 1449825 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.21am 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.