GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

ggp comparison to 12 oilers, page-21

1. 1,720 Posts.
    As there was a great deal of confusion by some unable to understand the comparative chart at the top of this thread, I am posting the following charts so as to educate that a comparative chart can be shown in a few different ways,

As two posters mentioned another stock I am using it in this chart as it is a good example to show the comparison to GGP as it is very close to GGP's SP.

In the first chart GGP is the dark blue line

The upper line graph represents a direct comparison in which the start point on the chart is identical to the stock we are comparing to, also as this chart has only one vertical axis as can be clearly seen, it is therefore impossible to have an actual price scale for this stock we are comparing to, hence in the chart it shows only the comparative differences in movement and direction.

The lower line is the unadjusted comparison, while being price accurate doesn't give as vivid a picture with the difference in movement between the two, and for Lani's benefit I'll include this - this type of comparison is unable to be charted with any more than 2 stocks (as there are only 2 vertical axis.... of course), and in comparing 2 stocks that have vastly different SP when using single vertical axis charts with actual values is basically useless as you can see in the second chart,

BTW, In the second and third charts GGP is that dark blue line at the bottom.

As you can see the third chart which is a direct comparison of stocks gives a far better and more accurate interpretation of the moving relationship between the two.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.