GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

ggp ig class action update, page-98

1. 7,746 Posts.
    Reminds me of an old joke. Whats the difference between Dr Elephant and a rottwieler? a rottwieler eventually lets go.

In all seriousness, very few will get the full amount back IMO. Simply because the sp has continued to fall even after the legal issues were disclosed. I think we decided the sp was about 2c when that happened. So any losses subseqquent to that are unrelated. Though their may be other more recent lack of disclosures that mean losses can be claimed below 2c. just depends what the IG are thinking and what the final cutoff dates will be.

Then I would imagine some blame will always lay with the investor. Stop losses and such. So if you bought at 4c, you might get compensated down to 2c. Then a little less if the blame isn't entirely with disclosure. For example how much of the loss is attributeable to delays or simply the lack of oil.

But with most that decide to participate, I imagine it is more about the principle.

But puting a figure on it is near impossible. Because everyone had a different entry point. Will be interesting how the IG distribute any winnings. Whether everyone gets the same percentage, or if people who invested at 4c get compensated more than someone who entered at 2.2c

If you look at the cap raisings over the years about $90mil has turned into about $8mil of current equity. So to recoup 100% is to be awarded $82mil. Not likely. Then again, not everyone is participating. If 25% of holders participated then $20mil would cover all losses.

I think most would be happy with about 40% recovery. And a message sent to Graves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.