GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

ggp vs akw

1. Dis
    3,746 Posts.
    Did a bit of research into the "play" last night. I thought I'd share. Please feel free to add if I've missed something.

AKW
    - owns about 107M shares in Moderna (Value=$3Million)
    - selling their other major asset for $8M to GGP
    - don't think they have much cash and in fact did a placement a few months ago for $500K so seem a bit cash strapped but asset rich
    - only debt seems to be about $2.7M of convertible notes at 25c
    - planned rights issue for 80 million shares at 10c? coming up in the near future?
    - currently have about 47M shares ate 10c each
    - got the impression that are not the best company - woundn't like to hold long term / be stuck in a position

The play
    - AKW plans on doing an in specie distribution of GGP shares to holders
    - my initial thought was buy AKW get abot 3 shares of GGP for 10c and the sell out of AKW for whatever I can get. EASY! Too easy??
    - If they do the rights issue then there will be probably 1 share of GGP distributed per share. 3c gain but may lose it if AKW drops below issue price. Not so good

GGP
    - I've thought for a while GGP is very undervalued and this deal makes it more so
    - however 146M shares in loose hands may put pressure on the share price
    - will SP rise from current activities / perceived value before loose shares hit the market?

Other notes
    - Moderna (AKW being a major share holder) is a party in Padre Island. Freeze from Bankruptcy lifting.
    - AKW had a deal with the Texas operator that he could have back in rights. He may be the third party in the deal - taking a working interest early and also GGP subcontracting Texas operations to him. I guess he's already planed the campaign.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.