GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

Note to MODS: I think this post of of use to the GGP community...

1. Dis
    3,746 Posts.
    Note to MODS: I think this post of of use to the GGP community on a number of levels. Not cross promoting. In fact this is a word of caution - IMHO just stay with GGP if you want GGP shares!

Hi Blueballs and others,

I did a fair bit of research on the weekend. At first AKW seemed like a great backdoor play to get some cheap GGP shares. Then as I looked at AKW is seemed like fantastic value in its own right. Then as a looked deeper there seemed to be all sorts of funny related party transactions that I feel very uneasy about. About 5 mins ago, I pulled my order for AKW shares.

Research notes below. DYOR. Buying AKW may be play of the year or a horrible mistake. Hope it helps whatever you decide.

AKW
    - approx $3M liabilities ($400K to be paid in May 2011, rest non current)
    - approx $3M in cash (still in transit from MDA?)
    - $3.5M in loans and convertible notes to MDA
    - 107M shares in MDA ($2.7M worth)
    - New Caledonian assets (bought for $2.4USD, may sell for $8M AUD to GGP)
    - Market Cap $4.7M (trading close to lows at 10c per share)
    - 1:1 rights issue upcoming at 10c ???

MDA
    - Have aquired Blackgate Resources for $24M USD
    - Trading at $24M AUD (lows)
    - Not much cash - will likely need Cap raise
    - Aquisition of Blackgate was a convoluted and risky play. Also very expensive relative to Market Cap. Why so desperate - is it that good or did it allow the owner of Blackgate to cash out with $24M and laugh all the way to the bank....

Too Many "Blacks" (and other funny connections)
    - Blackgate was the Major creditor of BNP which is the company in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy at Padre Island.
    - BNP was started by Barbra 'N' Paul (BNP) Black. Blackgate has relationships to Paul Black.
    - On 26/5/10 a new board came to AKW (old members all left). One of the new board members is Paul Blackman (aka Paul Black??)
    - MDA board is also pretty much all new as the tack Padre Island
    - Doug Jendry was at MDA, now at AKW
    - Tony Izelaar was at AKW now at MDA
    - Offices of AKW used to be used by MDA
    - No directors of MDA or AKW have significant skin in the game.
    - Share price of both companies has been heading south rapidly. Will the phoenix rise from the ashes?

As far as GGP goes, my conclusions are:
    - if I want GGP shares I'll get them on market, thanks!
    - I highly suspect these GGP shares will be dumped on market so I'm not buying now
    - the New Caledonian assets are being dumped by the new board to free up cash to do whatever they need to do with Padre Island. I hope they are worth the $8M SG intends on paying.....
    - The New Caledonian assets seem expensive to me - look at AOK for a company doing well enhancements and in fills. They seem to get the leases for much less. The strategy (low risk cashflow base) is sound. I just question the price.

Dis: No sentiment. Too many questions

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.