GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

ggp, page-3

1. 13,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7360
    With a post like that Peanuts, you certainly do need a break. Just joking.
    So, GGP has become very challenging lately as has many of my holdings and serious consideration needs to be given to short term strategies ragarding the next 6 months.
    Capital preservation has to be high on anyone's lists hence much of the sell-off imo. Can't blame anyone for that except to say that small caps may not be for you.
    Personally, I invest in stocks to make money not save it so love my small caps and their rewards. It's just which ones to choose??
    I've been looking at my holdings and pretending if I didn't hold them, would i be attracted to their short term prospects and feel that they could offer a strong return at current prices, therefore would I buy them?
    Here's my summary and I'm not cross promoting.

AUT- Absolutely buy more.
    HOG- No thanks.
    MHM- Absolutely, went up 40% today.
    EMR- Happy, but no thanks.
    TXN- Absolutely.
    GGP- Absolutely and will top up holding.

Here's my rationale and it may not make sense to others and I appreciate that.
    Firstly, although it would hurt, my life wouldn't change if i lost on GGP. Thats important as i wouldn't be comfortable holding GGP with this management if using borrowed of life saving funds.
    I actually believe there is something very positive about to be released that will have a very big effect on the SP.
    Had management been able to continue with the original drilling program my thoughts are that the SP would now be well into the 3c based on approximately 550 bopd from it's verts and horis numbers on the way.
    For the program to be changed due to the sheer size of the program being underestimated and now JV speculation, well this obviously causes huge delays and much speculation.
    So back to some fundamentals, quite good acreage in a very fruitfull landscape with little history of dusters. As to how low the number of bopd required to break even I refer to MAD who are indicating numbers as low as 10-20 bopd to break even. GGP wells were a little more expensive than MAD's so let's tripple that, we're still safe.
    Having Halliburton as a stake holder to me is gold and I can only wish that a JV would be announced with them but as time has gone by, I have lost confidence in that now happening. We should have given them what ever they wanted and sat back and freely accepted a percentage, water under the bridge now.
    So, at 1.2-1.3c (i don't think you will get much at 1.2), I'm happy to invest and bump up my existing holding (currently in the red) to 5mil.
    Just my ramblings and hardly an educated one.
    Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.