GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Pinto,Id rather put my money in Africa, West Africa to be exact....

1. LSM
    1,251 Posts.
    Pinto,

Id rather put my money in Africa, West Africa to be exact.

The western Australian gold fields are old and have been worked over a thousand times - old mines have been spun into new companies and relabelled. Australians plough their money into these rehashes only to be let down, time and time again. The old Australian mine is only profitable because margins have improved tremendously due to a booming gold price. Even with this fact many go to the wall taking good Australian money with them.

I do agree that Africa is a dangerous place to invest, and personally I would not touch most nations there, including South Africa. But this thread is not about South Africa or Africa in general, its about Ghana/West Africa and the amazing developments that are currently occurring in those nations and the greenstone belts that run through them. Australian companies in Ghana/West Africa are making multi-million oz discoveries (with great grade), mining these types of deposits are highly profitable (something Australia struggles with). You only have to look at recent drill results from: PRU, GRY and AMX to see just how amazing it really is, and these guys haven't even scratched 10% of their land yet. Please point me in the direction of an Australian explorer here that has similar drill results!?

I've been investing in gold shares in this country for the past 10 years (not boasting because I know many who have done this for 30 years) in that time I have witnessed countless Australian gold companies fail, so many I cant even remember them all, and some were thought too big to fail. But the commonality that held all these companies together was that they were mining in Australia. Their failure stems from this country being very expensive to mine in - the big rich deposits that we once had are a thing of the past - it's all Brownfields now - and the smell is awful.

Repeat after me: the elephant in Australia is dead!

So the question becomes: do you trust a developing nation that has a current stable government which is welcoming foreign investment, or do you trust an Australian promoter kicking old brown dirt in WA?

Funnily, I chose sometime ago and have been very well rewarded for my decision.

Some would say that you've missed the boat...to a large extent, I agree - bon voyage!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.