No myth.Downer, ODG, Leightons, FMG, Rio, BHP (the list goes...

1. 604 Posts.
    No myth.
    Downer, ODG, Leightons, FMG, Rio, BHP (the list goes on...) have been steadily paring back their workforces with redundancies, which are still ongoing. (source - industry contacts, and before you ask I am not comfortable in disclosing these on a public forum.)
    The word going round is that projects are being shelved until after the federal election and that they will be resurrected in due course. There are a couple of reasons or this, number 1 reason being certainty of economic climate. It is expected that there will be a number of big changes in the Australian economic and political environment and the big coy's need to have certainty before they can plan their next moves.
    A second opinion (and I don't know about this one but I'll throw it out there anyway) is that the big miners are peeling back their spend to teach the Labor govt a lesson.

I believe that we have not yet seen the worst of the downturn, but I also believe that things will get better in the coming years. Chin up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.