GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Absolutely true - the gigafactory launch didn't have the glitz...

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    Absolutely true - the gigafactory launch didn't have the glitz of the Model 3 launch.
    The world media seems addicted to that Apple launch style and nothing beats a sexy model or 3 on stage.
    This time it wasn't like that.
    He was just talking to the fans in his own voice. He could just wear jeans and mumble jokes.
    It was widely covered on tech and business news but no grabs on the nightlies.

It was more like a car park pokemon party where everybody threw in some ideas how to get in through the locked glass doors behind him. "How about forklift batteries?". "Have you tried jimmying it?".
    "We love you Elon!" - it's become a sort of political and tech movement at the same time.
    Occupy Route 66.

I still don't agree with the hard-nose numbers people who still don't see a financial path for Elon.
    It will happen for Tesla. It's a vision thing.
    The man has just the right combo of astronomical personal wealth and a few god particles.
    It's the collision (prob wrong word..) of good timing and a company that has brought together all the right things that have been lying around on the table for a while.

Galaxy is in a similar position.
    We inherited a handy lithium mine from Galaxy Mk 1. Now it's up and running and making money.
    Somehow this merge process dragging on feels like we're still locked out of the HQ and somebody is shouting "who has the bloody keys?".
    Where is the battering ram? Where is the volume knob? Turn this sheet up!

Notice how much more other PeopLe'S lithium stocks have to constantly talk up future demand figures? Galaxy doesn't.
    China already wants our stuff.
    Notice also how in those other presentations how GXY's assets are conveniently reduced to just Mt Cattlin?
    Given that almost all other lithium stocks on the ASX are currently pre-DFS it seems a bit disingenuous not to place SDV and James Bay in our asset list. Thing is - we'd be off the charts and they know that.

The smart money is still an investment in the underlying resource.
    It beats out picking a precise winner from the implementation sector. Tesla is a more risky investment from a stock perspective than a lithium producing mine - because there will be more and more Teslas popping up and the established players are already getting their battery models to market. Europe and Chinese governments are doing the work for us.
    We don't need Tesla to be profitable or even achieve what it is setting out to do - just to spark demand, lay the ground-work and spur the world to compete with them.

How many new sectors will arrive with an equal demand for batteries that are still as far-fetched as auto-piloted electric cars were 10 years ago? Robotics? (don't laugh - it's a thing now). Drone delivery? Shipping/Aviation? Military?

So. Galaxy. What you waiting for again?
    Oh yeah. The final KO blow of the merge. The SDV DFS. The first shipment. The ASX 200 inclusion. Building SDV. The second shipment. James Bay.

I guess we'll get very good at being impatient.
    We're gonna need a fresh dose for each new development over the next 6 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.