MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Gilead vs Mesoblast

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    The U of Nebraska recently started a clinical trial to evaluate Gilead's Remdesivir to treat COVID-19, sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIAID).
    However, it has not proven to be beneficial yet:
    "“We urgently need a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19. Although Remdesivir has been administered to some patients with COVID-19, we do not have solid data to indicate it can improve clinical outcomes,” said NIAID Director and U.S. Coronavirus Task Force member Anthony S. Fauci, M.D."
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-remdesivir-treat-covid-19-begins

Contrast that with Mesoblast's statement today (excerpt):
    "Remestemcel-L has potential for use in the treatment of ARDS, which is the principal cause of death in COVID-19
    infection. This is supported by recently published results from an investigator-initiated clinical study conducted in
    China which reported that allogeneic MSCs cured or significantly improved functional outcomes in all seven treated
    patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia."

My conclusion:
    1) Dr. Itescu would not release today's PR unless he is pretty sure Remestemcel-L works. I believe he is not trying to simply get on the COVID-19 cure bandwagon to gain market attention. The man is conservative.
    2) Gilead's Remdesivir is unproven so far, from Anthony Fauci's statement.

Advantage Mesoblast.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.