raiderupRe your post which included;"Lappy,I think whether...

1. 47,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    raiderup

Re your post which included;
    "Lappy,I think whether directly voted in or annointed, Im all in favour of a bigger representation of our indiginous people in parliament. ..."

I could not agree more! Australia's record in relation to Aborigines ranks among the worst in the world.

We should be utterly ashamed that for over a century our colonial era Constitution has all but totally denied Aborigines a place in Parliament - let's not forget that until 1967 it didn't even count Aborigines as Australians!

I've posted about such matters many times before; but while I'm pleased Nova Peris has been put forward I'm distressed at the furore enveloping the move.

Yet again such reactions have defined Australia as a nation content to seriously disadvantage Aborigines.

Our archaic and adversarial Constitution absolutely sucks! We desperately need leaders with the vision, intellect and oratory skills to lead mainstream Australians through the process of completely redeveloping it - that's neither Julia Struggling Gillard nor Tony The Blamer Abbott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.