OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Be careful about this.If you listened to Julia's speech...

1. 364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Be careful about this.

If you listened to Julia's speech carefully you may have noticed:

- Julia "throwing open the doors of Govt to the miners" for discussion (a good move, long overdue)
    - A more conciliatory approach (a good move)
    - A request for the miners to stop their ads as a sign of good faith, and the govt will stop their ads (a smart move because the miners ads were huting)
    - Support for a "fairer share" of the profits from resources not a "fair share" (a much more conciliatory postion)

But...

Julia promised that the budget would be in surplus by 2013 and by my reading of the budget figures presented earlier that could only be achieved with a RSPT or that other 'big new tax" the ETS.
    And there was that man Wayne Swan standing next to her.

I just hope the Aust people don't get conned in this and further backflips occur once the election is over.

My predictions
    - Gillard to lead Labor to victory next election. Possibly a landslide.
    - Abbott gone after election having fought the good fight uniting the Liberals and destroying the most popular Prime Minister in history.
    - Hockey to become leader of Liberals.
    - RSPT will be implemented but at a much more acceptable level and with retrospectivity somehow catered for.
    - Gillard either dumped after failing to live up to expectations in her first term (remember theLabor right don't really like her) or Gillard leads Labor for 10+ years. I think the latter is more likely.

My thoughts only and happy to debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.