This is typical labour politics of envy. The old chip on the...

1. 910 Posts.
    This is typical labour politics of envy. The old chip on the shoulder of the so called working class. Even though Jooooolia lives 100% off the taxpayer she has the hide to criticise public companies that choose to attract top talent the only way they can and that is through an internationally competitive salary package. Just on the subject of competiveness. I have checked the CEO salaries for the top 200 Australian companies and Ralph Norris CEO of CBA is top of the list with a paltry 16 million. Compare this salary to the CEO salaries for the top 200 US companies. The top US CEO salary goes to Gregory Mafei of Liberty Media Corp at US$87.4 million. The bottom of the list is Michael Laphen CEO of Computer Sciences Corp at $15.5 million. Australia's highest paid CEO would rank in 93thd position on the US list (behind Terry Lundgren CEO of Maceys whi is on US$16.1 MILLION). IF ANYTHING I WOULD SAY AUSTRALIAN CEO'S ARE GROSSLY UNDERPAID COMPARED TO THE USA AT LEAST! I know the figures for Europe are way higher than Australia. CEO salaries in France and Germany are more comparable to the USA, but I dont have statistics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.