gillard, page-4

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Haven't read the General thread but I'm sorry, Julia Gillard just doesn't cut it as our PM. She looked and spoke like a funeral director at her press conference today and had about just as much warmth and life in her as one of their clients. In difficult times a leader should seek to inspire, motivate and reassure those in need. Her wooden performance today must surely rate as one of her worst public relations disasters. I gritted my teeth when she finally made it up here to the Queensland floods a couple of weeks ago, watching her pat peoples backs and say dear, dear. And leave with no promises for any help. The most she could say today was that the full assets of the military have been available to Premier Bligh. For God's sake Julia, she is the Federal President of your Labour Party not a foreign dictator, a premier I will not vote for but she outclassed you today. I give Anna Bligh 10/10 for her guts, commitment to fellow Queenslanders in the face of unconceivable events and circumstances. She has the confidence in her Ministers, SES, police forces and disaster management to make hard decisions to get the job done. Perhaps that's it in a nutshell - you Julia cannot and have not made the hard decisions, instead you have prevaricated, started to adopt Ruddy's "bubblespeak" mantra which says absolutely nothing. Anna looked like she cared, Julia, unfortunately, you didn't.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.