Great Post Peter600.Finally an unbiased post that sets it...

1. 177 Posts.
    Great Post Peter600.

Finally an unbiased post that sets it straight that both of the major parties don't have what it takes to take this country into the future.

There has been little recognition that the first home buyers bonus introduced by the Howard government fuelled a housing market boom that was built on ballooning private debt. Once lenders realised the growth in debt was getting out of hand, debt fuelled growth had to come from somewhere else, that being the government of the time.

Personally I don't trust either party to do much more than pork barrelling come stimulus time. I blame the HIA and vendors for the bungled insulation scheme. A scheme that lowers greenhouse emissions and provided stimulus. The HIA has a long history of opposing tougher standards when it comes to building more energy efficient housing and they are in part to blame for our current unacceptable production of CO2 per capita and any future belt tightening we need to implement to reduce our CO2 emissions.

Both parties are promoting regressive policies across the board. Coal fired power continues to receive government subsidies. Economic policies differ more according to global economy than who the government is at the time. Both parties will stop at nothing to secure a few marginal votes. Both major parties voted out their best leaders.

In my opinion, one of the major parties is less backwards than the other. I would love to be able to give a minor party my first vote but I am concerned the risk is too high that Australia will regress so far so quickly. Once again I will vote against a political party rather than for.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.