her actions are a classical version of the man who built his...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    her actions are a classical version of the man who built his house upon the sand....
    do you agree ???

some things we learn when we are very young, just never leave us....nor should these wise words....
    but then again she is an atheist, and appears not to have been taught, or educated properly
    (feel free to ignore the reference to the bible...the words
    are just plain common sense for most of us)
    There were once two men, and each needed to build a house.

The first man was foolish, and chose to build on sandy soil where it was easy to access and easy to dig the foundations. In a few short weeks he was almost finished.

The second man was wise, and chose to build his house on a rocky hill, where it was very hard to access and to dig the foundation. He spent many months building his house.

As time passed a huge storm broke upon the houses of these men. After much rain, a flood swept through the valley and the man's house that was built on the sand was swept away. But the second man who had built on the rocky hill was safe. No matter how hard it rained or how fierce the floods were his house remained solid and immovable.

Let's ask ourselves the question. What's the foundation of our life? Are we like the foolish man, are our lives built on sand?

The story above is from the Matthew 7:24-27 where the Bible says:

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

http://www.onlythebible.com/Bible-Gems/wise-man-built-on-the-rock.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.