URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

HoiQuick note regarding Julia Gillards about face on exporting...

1. 787 Posts.
    Hoi

Quick note regarding Julia Gillards about face on exporting Uranium.

Personally, I think it is all about keeping strategic supply within control of those considered to be longer term friends, and not foes. The number crunchers in Washington have evidently handed Obama a brief on where they might end up by 2020, in relation to India's needs and China's needs, and current/future supply projections.

I think they would much prefer to see our producers, and smaller near term producers, doing more deals with India rather than China.

Now that the Americans know for sure, that some very agile Chinese employees have stolen the plans for the JSF 35 . . the trust factor is now ZERO.

Validation of this scenario will present itself in China rapidly trying to acquire larger Uranium producers/near producers over the next 12 months IMO. I can see the FIRB being under a lot of political pressure when they are faced with these deals.

This next statement may ruffle a few feathers . . . .I can't see the BHP board giving the go ahead for Olympic Dam, when I look at BHP's own projected costings.

Simply, they could buy some very impressive longer term resources for a third of the projected outlay, in this depressed market.

SwissB

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.