I note you and your organization have come out in supporting the...

1. 33 Posts.
    I note you and your organization have come out in supporting the Voice to Parliament.
    To start with, our constitution is owned by us, the people of Australia. The AFL does not get the privilege of a vote. On this topic the AFL needs to keep its mouth shut.
    If you are so interested in Closing the Gap, might I suggest you start by looking into your own organization.
    The Norm Smith Medal for the best player in the AFL Grand Final was instituted in 1979. 44 years ago.
    In that time the following indigenous players have been awarded this medal.

1982 Maurice Rioli
    1992 Peter Matera
    1993 Michael Long
    1997 Andrew McLeod
    1998 Andrew McLeod
    2004 Byron Pickett
    2015 Cyril Rioli
    2023 Bobby Hill

Despite only representing 3% of our population these indigenous players have collected over 18% of the Norm Smith Medals.
    If you are truly interested in Closing the Gap, you should clean up your own organization first.
    You could promote a Voice to the AFL from all the other players that play the game, not just in the AFL, but all the regional and country leagues as well.
    Might I suggest we get a little white kid asking if he will get a chance to win a Norm Smith Medal.
    Maybe a modest appeal to the current indigenous players to be a bit more thoughtful of their white brothers.
    Consider a treaty and reparations to Close the Gap. But you better keep this bit hidden.Just a simple 1 page document will suffice.

NB. To the above players mentioned, collectively you strived and worked your butts off to perform on the biggest stage in your chosen sport. I congratulate you all for your endevour and skill. You are an integral part of what makes our game great.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.