AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

gimme gimme gimme, page-11

1. 3,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 798
    If the libs get in. Then the tax is dead because they won't write it so the senate doesn't even come into play.

But like Hope said..... if labour get in then the risk is not the current RSPT proposal... but the changes that the Greens want to it. I am in Hope's camp though, I think it will stay as is with a compromise for something else to the Greens.

At present I think labour is more likely to form gov't and thus the RSPT is more likely to happen. If labour gets in then the tax gets in. I can't see labour back flipping on it.

I think AGO will fall as a result.... but only in the short term.

Bigger picture - AGO is thankfully ramping up production fast enough to cash in on the current high IO prices, which is great for our mid term. I believe from late 11 onwards the global supply of I/O will have increased to a point where the I/O price will be firmly under the $100us/ton and I think it will stay there for the foreseeable future. I think AGO will still be profitable with it's I/O operations, but not nearly as juicy a prospect as it is now.

In 12 months time I hope that AGO has put some time/money into diversifying into other resources.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.