GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

Surly,I cannot give you a 100% sure answer. However, as I worked...

1. 207 Posts.
    Surly,

I cannot give you a 100% sure answer. However, as I worked in the logistics sector previously, I guess, there may be some demurrage costs to be paid - but they should not be that high considering that KML cannot be held responsible for bad sea-conditions, plus I am quite sure, KML should also have an insurance covering these sort of logistics "issues"..

The matter is how they will be able to get those ships full as quickly as possible (looks like 1/2 ships per day). The shed (theoretically, full) has got enough IO to fill 4 ships - meanwhile, they will keep re-loading the shed but the 3/4 trains per day can bring up to 28.000 t. in total... Well, it is a bit of a mess... considering trains and shed capacity, etc (I have got limited info here), it looks like they will need 10 days to send off these 9 ships from harbour. But let's test them..and let's see what they are able to do.

Surely, bad sea conditions have "burnt" some shipments for this quarter (2-3?). However, the fact that Ansteel is (so far) the only client of KML... as well as 50% owner of KML... I guess, Ansteel, rather than buying IO from someone else, is trying to buy almost the "impossible" IO (according to their needs and schedules, of course) from KML as that "money" is going back (partially) then to Ansteel as per its KML ownership... like a boomerang... Make sense? ....

The "funny" thing of this joint venture is exactly this fact: Ansteel buying IO basically from itself... AGAIN, here, one may think, why would Ansteel not buy the whole KML and get rid of GBG? .....As explained in my previous posts, the answer is politics.

Please read this article (CITIC):
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/citic-sets-out-case-against-clive-palmer/story-e6frg9df-1226629615916

Let me highlight this part: "Mr Palmer has accused Citic of shutting out third parties and trying to run the port "like they were in China".

This may be the kind of issues Ansteel may have if owning KML wholly. Since GBG (Australia) is involved... everything looks "like they are in Australia".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.