Girls-Paedophile-and-Cardinal-Pell

1. 6,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    http://www.sbs.com.au/…/…/girls-paedophile-and-cardinal-pell

Just read this and I literally feel sick!!

These people that abused these children are completely sick and deranged, I get that. But what confuses the hell out of me is the peers and associates either covering it up or turning a blind eye for the sake of protecting the institution. How low in character, black in heart and ignorant in awareness does a person have to be to disregard abuse against children at that level?

Weak character I get to a certain point, but to be apart of an institution whose very fundamental agenda is love, yet these people that did nothing, I don't get! Wouldn't something tweak in their head that by not doing anything is blatantly contradictory to the very essence of the church and their part in it. Clearly in my mind if someone let this abhorrent activity slide they are not a man of god. Not only are they just as low and pathetic as the abusers, their life and what its apart of, is a complete lie.

I guess maybe these figures are so completely ignorant and fearful in themselves, that breaking apart an institution, they are apart of, to any degree, in the interest of protecting their own gross insecurities, they wouldn't dare compromise because they hide in and behind it.

In my opinion 'god' is something we are never separate from, something that cannot be explained but rather experienced by being in the moment, not attached to anything, getting rid of the noisy perceptions of the past and future. Thats where love and bliss is. Thats what children are very good at. Isn't it ironic that the abusers destroyed the very innocence and peace that they are meant to wisely understand and represent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.