OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

I must say from the start that OGC has had an impressive run and...

1. 54 Posts.
    I must say from the start that OGC has had an impressive run and certainly long term i believe the SP could rise to as much the "experts" say in the recent announcement about post 2013. I did wanna buy 'em and so i did a few calculations.

BUT looking at their situation now i dont see how, fundamentally at least, the share price will improve short-term. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

My reasoning is this.
    Current Market Cap/ Book = $629M/$442M = 1.43

They will spend $180M in 18mths to build the Philippine mine to be complete by Q4(December)2013. Lets say that expenditure is $180M/18mths =10M/mth.(Note: The Quarters are 6mths out because their reports are in $US i suppose)

They have existing production of 280Koz of Gold in NZ for their latest qtr(Qtr1 till March2011). This is great and there sales were $90.7M. But after costs, taxes and all other expenses, they only retain $14.7M. This is 16.2% retention with which they can build the company and of course Shareholders equity. Similarly in period ended Sept30 2010, Sales = 83M, Net Earnings=13.6, therefore 16.4% retention. So lets say then they retain: $14.7M/3mths= $4.9M/mth from now on while building the Philippine Mine.

Simply put, they are making $4.9/mth and spending $10M/mth. I wonder how the price can go fundamentally north in this situation? Of course they are spending wisely on a new mine but at least for the short term, investors of OGC may have to be patient and understanding i believe when looking at Qtrly reports for the next 18mths. If i had stocks i think i'ld be selling to buy cheaper later.

I'ld be very happy to hear opinions and "nice" but nevertheless contrary criticisms to my small analysis above. Thanks and best regards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.