KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

GK Q&A, page-41

1. RBx
    643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1002
    abdm,

GK was not referring to published patents or applications, imo, when he declined to provide details. These of course are easily found via the USPTO.

An applicant has 12 months to finalize the detail of an application, plus a further 6 months in which the application cannot be seen by the public. I can understand refusal to provide details of applications that have not reached the public disclosure stage, as the titles alone would give potential competitors a glimpse of Novogen's research direction.

As for taking a drug through to marketing approval, I imagine that a final decision would be made when data is available. If early results qualified a drug for Breakthrough Designation, for instance, and the FDA made it clear that marketing approval could be based on a smaller number of patients that would otherwise be needed, then the Company might decide that the additional cost is warranted.

Finance would be an issue, but let's say that Cantrixil was the first drug to stop Ascites in its tracks in Phase II; or that Trilexium was the first drug to have a meaningful impact on brain cancer - do we expect the market cap to still be about $120 million? In either of these cases it would be easy to raise additional funds, with relatively little dilution.

When I posed the question, I thought that a License deal after Phase II made sense. Two weeks later we learned that Trilexium can pass the blood-brain barrier. Who knows what might happen in the next 12 months?

Nothing is set in stone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.