GL1 1.92% 25.5¢ global lithium resources limited

I don't think the selling off of lithium stocks today is related...

1. 1,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I don't think the selling off of lithium stocks today is related to a GS report. It appears that CATL and SVOLT Energy have asked their suppliers for a 10% price cut. This article outlines what CATL is asking. They're also trying to support some of the bigger Chinese automakers that can't make profits and who recently were further compromised by Tesla's price cuts. BYD do make profits on their EVs but they're a CATL competitor so CATL trying to keep their customers going as BYD takes more of the Chinese EV market. https://batteriesnews.com/catl-reportedly-cutting-battery-costs-significantly-some-clients-including-nio-li-auto/.

I don't believe that it means the lithium price will be stuck at the rebated level CATL is offering its primary customers, just that CATL might be feeling a bit nervy with BYD's rapid growth and the emergence of so many battery giga factories in the US and Europe in the next couple of years to further stymie demand for their batteries.

Rather ironic that connections of one of GL1's major shareholders has caused the lithium stocks to take a tumble.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GL1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.