GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

i think everyone is missing on fact: GreenPower...

1. 4,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    i think everyone is missing on fact: GreenPower initiatives.

GreenPower users, who pay their normal electric company extra blood money to source green electricity, are growing at the rate of 10% per quarter. that's +50% per annum.

There's 70,000 odd users in S.A. already, growing 7,000 a quarter. They use 24,000MW hours of electricity a quarter - growing 50% per annum in line with subscriber numbers.

So lets say it takes GRK 2 years to get a 5MW power plant in operation (that's 400,000MW hours per annum of juice). In 2 years there'll be 135,000 users consuming 46,000MWh of green electricity.

So it takes GRK until 2011 to scale up to 40MW. By then, 300,000 users demanding 100,000MWh of green power per annum.

Geothermal, unlike solar and wind, will run 24/7 95% of the time. That means the electric co's will pay big bucks to get secure baseload renewable energy to sell into this GreenPower scheme.

To give you an idea, if you want 100% renewable energy, you can pay up to $7 a week more over your original bills - or $350 a year. On a $1,400 per annum power bill hat's a 30% premium to go green, and it means your Renewables can be charged at a higher cost of generation - maybe $100 per MWh instead of the $50/MWh which is normal wholesale power prices.

I think Greenrock is in a prime position to sign GreenPower offtakes and partnerships with S.A.'s major electricity companies to sell carbon-neutral electricity into the grid at a substantial premium to the normal wholesale power costs. They don't need to rely on BHP buying the power on normal commercial rates, they just sell it what they can into this green power market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.