GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Glass half full vs Glass half empty, page-211

1. 13,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1275
    OK, I am not a lawyer, so this is all based on my layman's understanding of the typical class action process.

You can register if you like, but most class actions in Australia are typically opt out so if you meet the requirements of the class action you are part of it but will be given a date to opt out by (see https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/investing/invest-smarter/problems-with-your-investments/class-actions), this is to ensure the rights of all people who might not be aware of the class action are taken into account.

That is assuming of course a class action even gets off the ground of course. It is not guaranteed by any means nor is the outcome.

But let's play devil's advocate and assume it does take off; it takes years to get to trial and typically most CA's settle out of court. In this case holders would be potentially partially compensated for realised losses (not paper losses) suffered as a result of any pay out.... after the law firm takes an very large slice of the pie for themselves (Vannin ironically is backed by investors trying to get a return on THEIR money by trying to go after other companies). So, in X period of time, you will recoup some % of your losses from selling your GSW shares. Maybe.

In that time, what will GSW have achieved? Maybe nothing? Maybe a lot?

I'm not a ramper either way, I just personally believe in the tech and the growth even if the management handling of the current state of affairs has not been received well by the public.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.