GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Gee. I just read the Albert CBA deal. Let me explain what this...

1. 1,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Gee. I just read the Albert CBA deal. Let me explain what this means as its really not that powerful.

Albert is a terminal with 'smart' capabilities. Its runs on Android and so apps can be built (just like your iPhone). CBA have struggled to get apps developed and are desperate for partners. Albert is an in-store terminal. So how many people go into the store and then want delivery of the good. I would say the market is limited to whitegoods, furniture, etc. These industries are concentrated (ie, big players) which likely have their own delivery fleets and contracts. Those figures in the hundreds of millions is an absolute pie in the sky BS. My guess is CBA said, we'll pay for the development (they did the same with that POS system - Klarna i believe), we'll keep you as the only delivery platform app (exclusivity) but all your drivers will need to take payment on Albert. The Albert machine is huge. Its not designed as a mobile device - as if a driver wants to carry around that when there are so many better options in the market. In addition, CBA over manufactured Albert. Most banks are not terminal manufacturers and team up with companies such as Ingenico, VeriFone and Quest. CBA stuffed up with Albert and they have heaps gathering dust in storage. The main industries for Albert are SMEs and cafe's. Tell me a big name store you have seen Albert in?

The CBA deal will, IMO, produce very little.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.