GLM 0.00% 0.3¢ gulf mines limited

GLM Ore Project Hello XXX , I have doing some research into Gulf...

1. 768 Posts.
    GLM Ore Project

Hello XXX , I have doing some research into Gulf Mines and looking at the geological characteristics of the nowa nowa deposit in an attempt to better understand the potential scale and geological features of the deposit . I came across some interesting imformation , they say the highest-grade magnetite-haematite deposits are located north of Nowa Nowa , This imformation is qute interesting and even though there is alot of work to be done on mining estimates and whether the project hosts enough ore to be economically viable , Gulf just might be on to something here , your thoughts would be appreciated . waiting to hear back .

Several intense magnetic responses identified from 1950s airborne magnetic surveys indicated possible iron deposits. Subsequent ground surveys separated these responses into three prospects of which the Five Mile deposit is the largest. A 33-hole diamond-drilling program between 1955 and 1959 led to resource estimates of about 6 Mt of magnetite-haematite mineralisation with 52% iron beneath an overburden of brecciated ignimbrite of the Snowy River Volcanics. The best copper intersection was 21.5 m @ 0.59% copper.

In 1983, the subsurface Three Mile prospect to the southeast was identified from its magnetic response from an airborne survey. Tertiary sediments up to 70 m thick overlie intermediate volcanics and minor rhyolite of the Snowy River Volcanics. Mineralisation consists of magnetite bands (~10 m thick) with pyrite. The best copper intersections were 5.2 m @ 4.8% copper as chalcopyrite from 204.4 m; including 1.0 m @ 14.6% copper. The chalcopyrite appears to form a copper rich zone concentrated at the outer contact of the magnetite-chlorite rocks with the talc-magnetite rocks

Iron deposits in Victoria are of three main types:
    Iron-manganese (limonite-psilomelane) deposits associated with the Snowy River Volcanics, which are exhalative in origin.
    Haematite (Fe2O3) magnetite (Fe3O4) replacement deposits in Silurian limestones.
    Secondary thin surficial ironstones.
    The first two types are more significant and are concentrated in the Buchan area. The largest reserves of iron ore in the State occur at Nowa Nowa, where approximately 7 million tonnes are contained in two main deposits. The ore consists of haematite and magnetite, with minor pyrite and traces of chalcopyrite, and was formed by the replacement of limestone. Other deposits in this area are of the lower-grade limonite and/or psilomelane type. Ore from one of these, the McRaes deposit, was used as a scrubber for town gas in the 1950s.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.