GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Sorry - but I can't get used to your name sjlasx. My eyes just...

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879

Sorry - but I can't get used to your name sjlasx. My eyes just see Silas everytime.

Would you consider a name change? Silas definitely suits you more than a CP30-style.

Sort of wise and fair and old school.
    or go with Axl as that is a good name for an EV champion.

Thanks for posting this article.
    There is way too much to take in here.

Perhaps that is why people ignored and concentrate on the more colourful topics - the personality conflicts, the catfights, the ancient enmities. The simplistic down-ramps. The single sentence price predictions.

Well done for pretty much steering clear.

(can I also advise you to stay clear of the AVZ crew. It is never worth stirring up that nest.)

I haven't run across a more comprehensive document collating so much into one place, including international (not just China) plans.

It would be handy if it had a few guides for the reader to decode what the scale of numbers they are talking about.

When I read it I used the reference that the Tesla Nevada gigafactory reported an output of 23GWh in April from a theoretical max outout of 35GWh.

And each of those GWh is 1 million kWh. I've seen 435t of LCE per GWh given as the required lithium.
    Which is also equivalent to 3480tons of spodumene.

(Perhaps someone has a better LCE to GWh calculation?)

Anyway - it should help to put some of the production scale of the new gigafactories into perspective.

Just a few highlights from what I was reading.

We've all seen the photos of Elon's plant in Nevada so the new Ningde Era battery plant that the Chinese are building in Germany has a scale of nearly 5 times larger at 100GWh. It must be almost size of a suburb...

That 100GWh gigafactory itself will need approx the entire output of Greenbushes.

India's push into EV is very new demand.

I'm pretty sure the new Indian drive to EVs and their own gigafactories were not being discussed when the latest demand graphs were drawn up. I've seen spodumene purchases appear only recently this year on the Asian Metals site.
    There must be several parties there now competing for the govt incentives under the "Made in India" program.

First EV factory built by China under construction and set to open in March next year with a battery factory starting with 1GWh and expanding to 30GWh planned battery capacity.

Huayou and LG Chem's new gigafactory starts production in December - producing 100kt of cathode

(equivalent in rough LCE terms to combined output of PLS+GXY+AJM+A40).

Daimler's order of 140GWh delivered from 2021-2027 from a new Chinese gigafactory built in Germany for them.
    That is a very comparable output to the current Nevada Gigafactory.

This is just a tiny bit of what is in there. Perhaps a 10th of the mentioned projects.

Billions and billions is flowing into EV and battery manufacture.

There is an astonishing level of Chinese partnership going on.
    They are showing their willingness to build plants on the doorstep of demand.
    Also remarkable is the complete absence of US involvement.
    We know that Ford is going to piggy-back on VW's platform.
    But doesn't that spell the end of Ford's independence?
    Don't they just become VW with a star spangled spanner?
    I would think that every major auto company would need to get to grips with their own battery supplier
    and develop their own drive train, or be left by the roadside of history...

Anyway.

I recommend anyone that is really interested in lithium's future demand takes a look at the article
    before more BS posts push it off the front page of this forum.

This is more detail around the new demand, the new down-stream capacity, who is building it and who is it for.

We talk about demand as a monolith.A nd some just completely ignore it just as simply
    but the detail here shows just how much is coming.

The first of the new gigafactories are due to come online this year.

make up your own minds as to what happens next.

Last edited by airconditioner: 08/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.