CEO 0.00% 4.2¢ c @ limited

global coal demand on the rise

1. 1,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Peabody Energy is on the radar, with latest push into Mono!

Check the news as presented by PE:
    link : http://www.peabodyenergy.com/pdfs/Q111EarningsRel.pdf

GLOBAL COAL MARKETS AND PEABODY'S POSITION
    'This quarter we saw continued evidence of coal's global supercycle,' said Boyce.
    'Global demand is rising and supply remains constrained. We believe coal fundamentals will
    remain strong for decades, even as other energy forms are proven too expensive or too limited
    to provide reliable low-cost energy at significant scale.'

and:

"increased coal use for steel mills elsewhere in Japan and Asia, coal-fueled power plants
    within Japan running at higher utilization rates, and increased European coal demand as
    some nuclear units are taken off line for extended inspections."
    + :
    "China is expected to bring approximately 50 GW of coal-fueled generation on line in
    2011, representing more than 175 million tonnes of additional coal use."
    + :
    "India's thermal coal imports increased 33 percent in the fiscal year just ended and the
    nation is planning to increase coal-fueled generating capacity by 25 GW in 2011. Indian
    officials believe that by 2017 the nation will require an additional 250 million tonnes per
    year to meet demand. Metallurgical coal imports are also expected to increase to serve
    growing steel production"

So I believe we have great potential, as a developing company, which has quality mgt and team / consultants,
    fantastic connections, great resource potential ~ know SOME minor detail in Mono which appears to head to world-class resource? ~ and Indo's location for the Asian / Indian demand forth-coming!
    I'm just letting this sink in, dyor & correct me please if I've read incorrctly :)

Have a nice day.

Cheers :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.