"no reduction that Australia makes will significantly alter the...

1. 41,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

"no reduction that Australia makes will significantly alter the current climate trajectory."
    Thats the dogma alright... but its a false logic as it doesn't include reality.

@Copperbod

Unfortunately that's not an opinion it's just "the science". Thanks so much for there recognition that it is the science which implies my comment is based on evidence not merely dogmatic belief.

We had the necessary price on carbon back in 2010 that would have brought our emissions down, and it worked beautifully and boosted revenue to enable the transition to a sensible grid infrastructure modernisation that would now be sustainable and much less expensive... but Abbott didn't like it... a phrase that was used by Pauline Hanson in the same manner. That said so much about Abbott. "The Wrecker" is an apt descriptor for the foolish man.

The replacement with Abbott's "Emissions Reduction Fund" is exactly what you describe as "bribing and lobbying the major emitters to take the action that alone will make any significant difference to global emissions..." ... this is a nonsense. Over 6 years it has achieved nothing but losses and rorts.

anyway, I'm off into the sunshiny day to do some gardening... I hope you stay safe with your family and enjoy the day Copperbod, Scott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.