MGC 0.00% 43.0¢ mg unit trust

I appreciate your comments Newry2. It's good to hear from...

1. 1,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3393
    I appreciate your comments Newry2. It's good to hear from someone close to the coalface.

I find it difficult to mention the subject of farmer suicide but if anyone feels that way, I'd love to bring them to Asia to see some of the sights I see everytime I go out. Everyone's lucky in Oz. It may not seem that way sometimes but it's true.

I went shopping today. Butter is always Anchor from New Zealand, everywhere. Cheese is Bega or their export brand Kameruka. An array of American cheeses which are devoid of any flavour at all. Some EU cheese which is fair but seems to spoil quickly. Some Scottish cheese which I would rate 2nd but still by a margin. I had some NZ Colby once which was close to Bega standard.

I found some processed cheddar slices today. I thought it was MG. It had a big M on the front and the goofy Devondale cow but when I checked closer it was Bega "Melbourne" processed cheddar. Several years ago, I found some Devondale "Lite" processed cheddar, once. Its the same as Bega.

Milk is almost always Nestle banded NZ UHT milk. I've had Cowshead from Uruguay and Alaska from Thailand but its nearly always NZ milk. I even saw a box of Anchor milk powder today. I felt like a spoiled kid thinking who could drink this?

The locals here have a preference for NZ produce but when it comes to cheeses Australia wins hands down. I've been here over 10 years now. There is no reason Devondale products can't be successful in Asia IMHO. I just so very rarely see it on the shelf anywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.